Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Skor Bars and a Water Bottle Cozy..

HAPPY WEEKEND.....

I wanted to post you a little weekend recipe...
I adore sweets but dare not make them often as Terry nor I should have them.. But when I do.....smile...
This is a favorite..

SKORR BARS
3/4 cup white sugar  (I use splenda)
3/4 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups flour
1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
2 T. butter
1 x pkg. chocolate chips
1 x pkg. skorr bar chippits

Mix first 3 ingredients together and press into a 9 x 13 inch greased pan.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Heat milk and butter in a pan on stove for 10 minutes.. STIR CONSTANTLY.. (burns very easily)
Spread over base and bake for 10 minutes in oven at same 350 degrees.
Remove and sprinkle chocolate chips over top and cook for 2 more minutes.  Remove and spread with a knife and then sprinkle skor bits on the top.
The recipe says to keep in the fridge.  Serve at room tempature.

There they are in all their glory...haha...

I also thought I would show you a little craft that I made for a friend of mine...
Many years ago I used to crochet... I could not follow a pattern except for a few throws that Terry's Mom (bless her heart) would show me how to make..
But for some reason I could crochet somethings just by crocheting... lol.. (if you know what I mean)
Anyway... One of my goals this Winter was to pick it up again.
So... I have been crocheting apple cozies and water bottle cozies ...
Taaa Daaah..... A water bottle cozy for Nancy..
She likes my odd ball crafts....
I have forgotten how to crochet a straight line but with my cousin Val's advice over the phone I am relearning....
As of right now I can only go in a circle....
Yes... I had a craft business for over 20 years but it was glue gun all the way....lol..

Everyone have a lovely weekend...
This weekend is kind of a busy one here.  We have Keepers of the Home tomorrow morning in our Fellowship Hall in Sussex.  We will be having breakfast together and a lesson and then learning how to make over a bit of wood... such as a shelf or magazine rack... We will probably turn out a few prim pieces...
A good time of fellowship for everyone.
Then in the afternoon there is a baby shower for our newest Keeper baby... Emily....
Also our daughter and family fly out to Florida so please keep them in your prayers... Thank you..
And then Sunday is the Lord's Day...

God Bless... 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my~ these sound wonderful, Faye! Anything with the words "sweetened condensed milk" in it has my attention! *giggle*
    I love the bottle cozy- that is so cute!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend too, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bars look SO sinfully delicious!!! Love the bottle cozy too, what a great idea:)Hope you enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye, those bars would go good at breakfast tomorrow- LOL... I can wait until tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! I can't wait to try these!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squares look delicious... Keepers of the Home was a great meeting as usual. Just what I needed... a Faye fix...lol!
    Love Ya,

    Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to pop over from Mamabug's site to say hello. Saw your comment on her tomato gravy post about how your gram used to make plain gravy from browned flour and water. My mom made that too! One of my earliest memories were of a huge pot of "browned gravy" with hot dogs cut up in it to ladle over boiled potatoes (we were poor and I was the youngest of 8 kids so stretching meals was very needed!). YUM! You brought back such great memories for me today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your water bottle cozy. I didn't know what to call them, I bought a couple at my craft mall, they were felted. I think yours would hold up better and are so nice. Love your recipes too.

    ReplyDelete