Pages

Friday, October 11, 2019

It's been a while....

Good Evening everyone.. 
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you all.. 
In Canada anyway.. smile.. 
Our country is so beautiful at the moment.. 
And Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday.. 
Hope you are all well and enjoying the Autumn... 

So happy to finally get back to you all. 
I know I have been a long while this time but that is how it goes every now and then.. 
Nevertheless... 
Here I am.. smile.. 

As always Terry and I took a day and visited my most favourite spot in New Brunswick.. 
Kings Landing Historical Village... 
Here are a few pics ... 

The photo above is the means of transportation around the village unless you prefer to walk.. 
It was a lovely fine day.. 

An old woodshed

There were several ladies visiting at the homes.. 
And a lot of handwork was here and there as though they had just laid it down.. 

So dainty and beautiful.. 

I so love the window sills.. 

Some chive vinegar and homemade beeswax furniture polish.. 
There are always geraniums in the windows.. 
Note the fly on the edge of the sill.. grin.. 

We were visiting a home and I was asking one of the ladies of the house if they had a Stillroom... 
She misunderstood me thinking I meant a room where they made spirits or beverages shall we say!  
But I was meaning a large pantry type room where they made preserves, medicine and such.. 
When we finished laughing the lady there in the mirror spoke to me and said she knew me as she reads my blog...
It was lovely to meet her.. 
Her name was Patsy so I am saying hello to her as this is the first post I have done since then.. smile.. 

A bit of rug making here.. 
And of course there are lots of flower drying going on.. 
My favourite.. 

Drying of herbs and medicines.. 
There are two churches in the village.. 
Both are beautiful!
The pastures have lots of animals ... 

And the store had these sweet dishes.. 
It was a lovely day.. 

As we walked around I picked up a few pine cones, acorns and rose hips to make a wee wreath for a memory ... 
This is how it turned out.. 
I may put a ribbon with the words Kings Landing on it yet, though.. 

I won't bore you with more pics but I do enjoy being in  another time frame just for a day anyway.. 

Here at home the views are gorgeous!  

And life is busy as is everyone's!  

The last week I have been down with a cold.. 
Oh.... 
It has been over a week and I am just starting to feel half normal.. 

This was my Instagram pic.. 
I made lots of Cold and Flu Remedy and I think it really helped.. 
Made me feel better and I enjoyed the nice hot drink on my throat.. 
Cider Vinegar, honey, lemon, grated ginger and boiling water.. 
Very simple but effective.. 
Especially keeping the thermos full and sipping away at it all day.. 

And we celebrated Terry's 70th birthday with the family.. 
Or most of them.. 
Of course, our youngest son is out west and our daughter in law and youngest grandson were working.. 
But here are the rest of the grandsons.. 
Aren't they just lovely!  
We had a great time and a great meal.. 

Loved the table settings.. 

I have been pottering around doing this and that as usual.. 
As my friends know I keep a List Book as I like to call it... 
Terry buys me the most lovely steno pads from Staples.. 
They are extra thick and lasts me for months.. 
The cover is not very pretty so I usually glue some magazine pics on the front and then seal it with a sealer... 
I know.... 
I don't have much to do!  lol... 

Made a beef and barley soup one day..

With carrots from our garden.. 

Finally finished my painting that Tania taught us.. 



It is quite big and on a wood board... 
I am not a painter but it was fun.. 

Remember the straw flowers I grew at the farm.. 

Just enough for a wreath... 
I seem to be into wreaths lately.. 
I used to make soooo many when I had my craft business.. 
Kind of was sick of them but I have a longing to make a few again.. 

This is a crab apple one that is hanging outside.. 

Our kind neighbour let us pick some of his mom's flowering crabs and it is just wired through the apples with copper wire and there is a bow at the top.. 


Yesterday my sweet friend Lindsay... 
I am sure you long time readers remember her from our Keepers of the Home meetings.. 
She was my right hand... smile.. 

Well... 
She and her family up and moved away to Fredericton so I rarely get to visit with her.. 
She was teaching nearby and came for a visit and supper.. 


We made some inhalers with essential oils... 
I love them.. 
We made several recipes that we found on the internet.. 
It was a kit I bought from Amazon.. 
They came with the labels and all... 
For supper we had breakfast with homemade ketchup and jellies.. 
It was lovely getting together.. 
She is one of those friends who even if we have not talked for months it is exactly as if we just saw each other.. 
If you know what I mean.. 

This is my Still Book.. 

Lots of recipes for preserving, medicines and such.. 
Lovely sayings that I read and want to read again.. 
And scripture.. 
Dear ones that I hold close to my heart... 
I made a board on Pinterest about the Still room if you follow on there... 

My second big batch of Hot Pickled Veggies.. 

I eat a lot of these.. 
Just a treat and no calories.. much.... grin.. 


The afternoon sun is still warm here.. 
Our son just called and says there is still a bit of snow out west.. 
How I miss that boy.... 

Anyway... 
He will be home one of these days... 

Thank you sweet ladies for visiting and leaving your dear notes and comments.. 
I love hearing from you.. 
If you leave an Anonymous one please leave your first name so I know it is you.. k?  
I am on Instagram a bit more then here so check it out if you like.. 
And feel welcome to like the Face Book page.. grin.. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your dear families.. 
Pray for the ones who are missing from your table.. 
I know I will be....

A pic from the internet... 
Such true words, eh!  

God bless my friends.. 

20 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! I too enjoy stepping back in time. I am glad you got to spend some time with your old friend. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as usual, I always feel so blessed when I see the way you share your heart and home! Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post see do missue you, have moved so my computer has been asking up, to me you have been come a dear friend and I wish you and yours the verry best àlways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely wreaths you made - I especially like the one with pine cones etc. Hope your cold will be completely gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wreathes, Faye! I love reading your posts so it was a nice surprise to open up my computer this morning and see one. Have a blessed day! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your post, Faye. We had made plans to go to Kings Landing this summer, but, alas, it never came to pass.
    The apple wreath is a real eye opener for me, I hadn't thought of wiring crab apples as a wreath - I shall do the same - I don't have crab apples but will try small wild apples.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! And again, thank you for sharing with us.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed your posts, Faye, so I was smiling when I saw it pop up this morning. Always a treat to read and see the beautiful pictures. I may just try my hand at painting that fall picture of pumpkins. Your grandsons are all handsome young men and I think the one on the end with the truck on his shirt may look like your husband did when he was a lot younger. You always inspire me to do something and I love your wreaths. I have made some myself so I know the work that goes into making them but they look so beautiful on doors. God Bless and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get so excited when I see a post from you....I love your simple way of life and we share so many common interests...thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts are always so wonderfully inspiring. I'll try looking you up on Instagram, although I think I like the blog better. I am a notetaker and a list maker, but keep all of that in small notebooks. I think I'll try the steno pad. I love your wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Faye, it's Patsy. I have been reading and enjoying your blog for a number of years so it was nice to meet you in person and esp over a good laugh �� I love visiting Kings Landing as well and your pictures really captures what the place is like. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love stopping by your charming space. Your Stillbooks are fantastic!!!! love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it was so nice to have a visit with you today! You have been a busy lady and I loved all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. Thank you for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much to read, so many lovely photos to enjoy. Your wreaths are especially lovely.
    I hope you are recovering from your cold now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post Faye! I especially love the pics "views of home"...it is breathtaking! I also love the grandsons with Terry...they all seem to be fine young men. I am a bit partial to boys. I grew up with two brothers, had two sons, & now have 9 grandsons. They are fun.

    My daughter-in-law has a Still Room in their home. She decorates in the Pilgrim Era...late 1500's. I had never heard the term before, & now I hear it on your blog. You are really up on things.

    Anita ~ the cabin on the creek
    ...all is grace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. King's Landing was on the tour we took in June...we enjoyed talking to the people who are in character there...also took a photo of the traveling guitar/singer

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pictures of the Village you visited are wonderful! It looks like a lovely place to go! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures as always, Faye!! And your delicious looking soup and veggies made my mouth water. Sounds like you're keeping busy~ and happy belated birthday to Terry!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree the dried flowers are my favorites too. I love the notebooks from Staples ~ how creative. You may be busy be it's a cozy and wonderful kind of busy. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can see that my hubby and I really need to get passports so we can visit King's Landing. Looks like a wonderful place!

    This was such an enjoyable post to read. And I love the way you transform the notebooks. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete