Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2023

The Breath of Spring is here...

Hello there dear hearts...
How art thou? 
Here I am after a month and a half... 

The last time I posted we were in the midst of winter... 
Spring was still on her way but she arrived and we were very happy to welcome her back.. My favourite season of all!  
We celebrated by having the Breath of Spring Cake!
I think that I posted the recipe here last year.. 
It is a good cake.. 

Meanwhile.. 
Life has gone on and we are visiting out to the farm some.. 
I couldn't go in for a while because it was too cold but I will be able to very soon.. 
I would take a bit of handwork and listen to the wind... smile..
Lots of books.... 

A bit of embroidery.. 
These are to be Lavender sachets..
I am not expert at doing this.. 
Like my Gram I just pick up a needle and floss and go.. 

Then of course there are always paper crafts that I love to do.. 
This is just a wee daisy garland to hang in my sunroom... 

I so love this book called 
The Long Way Home... 


And cookbooks and note books.. 
I can keep myself amused for some time.. 
I am doing a Bible Study on the prayers of the Apostles... 
I have been praying for a particular need for some time and one day I wondered how the Apostles would pray for such.  
So I started looking their prayers up and then writing notes  .. 
It is really making me think about prayer in a different way.. 
Anyhow... 

The chores are still here always to do.. 


And projects.. 
I bought some paint to do the buffet in the diningroom.. 
Kind of excited about that.. 
The paint is Annie Sloan.. 
I will post pics when it is finished.. 
Not sure where I will store the collection of Flow Blue.. 
Smile.. Such decisions.... 

Did a bit of decor for the Easter time.. 


morning sun...


Just a few pics... 
Trevor was working and Dustin out West so we didn't celebrate it as much as usual.. 
We did go to Shonda's and had a beautful meal and we went to church on Easter Sunday with Trevor's family.. 
Spoke with our darling boy out West... 

Terry and I had a roast chicken and then a ham.. 
Hope you all had a great Easter.. 
So happy to know the risen Saviour.. 
And thankful for the debt He paid for my soul...

Moving on.. 
Here are some snowy pics from just a couple of weeks ago...

We have had mild temps and warm winds so this is today at the farm.. Still snow in the woods but it is leaving fast.. 
Hard to imagine that there was a big snowbank here a couple of weeks ago... eh!

Made some jam yesterday from frozen strawberries... 
And a big batch of bread.. 
And a few pics of other meals.. 

A feed of Mussels in garlic broth was delicious!  
Fried Ham and Spanish Rice...
We like to fry up some of the ham before I roast it.. 
This is with Terry's homemade sauerkraut and baked potato.. 
We love fried saurkraut!

Roast Chicken with Sage...

Like I mentioned last time I tell you the same old stuff.. 
But it is what we do here.. 
Thank you for telling me you are not bored.. 
My picture taking hasn't been great lately.. 
I keep forgetting but will try to do better now that Spring is here.. 
yeah, right!  😏


Another wee project was a few soap balls.. 

Now that my Mom has passed I seem to love the smell of roses.  
I didn't used to but anyway.. 
We went to Calais and I bought a big bar of rose soap but it didn't smell as much as I like.. 
So I grated it up and add rose essential oil and a tablespoon or two of water and molded it into balls.
Great for washing your hands or in the shower... 

I saw a pic on Instagram of an old basin filled with bulbs for Spring.. 
She sat it on her table... 
I loved the idea and added the pitcher that went with it and Terry buys me tulips every couple of weeks ... 
I love this for a change.. 

One morning I got up and I heard something pecking at the window. 
Looked out and saw that we had a visitor.. 
A beautiful roaster from across the way.. 
They had quite a time catching him.. 
I wanted to keep him.. 😉
Hoping to have one this summer and a few layers but time will tell.. 


Spent lots of time reading.. 
As always.. 
My favourite past time.. 

Splurged on this wonderful magazine.. 

Lots of make and do recipes... 

Doing my usual incense burning and potpourris and such.. 
Got this gorgeous incense burner..
from the Painted Pineapple in Moncton where I bought the buffet paint. 



This was a stove top for Spring potpourrie from the magazine.. 

Here are a couple of pics from Shonda's decor at Easter... 

A beautiful table.. 
Delicious Ham Dinner and great company.. smile.. 

And this wonderful Carrot Cake.. 
So pretty too!  

Then in March we had our 53rd anniversary... 

Just a couple of kids who found their way with God's grace... 
Blessed beyond measure!
We were treated to the best dinner at Carrabba's in Moncton 
from Shonda and David.. 


I think I used to be Italian.. lol..
They are the best around in my opinion.. 

Twas a lovely evening.. 
Thank you!!

So... 
I guess this is it for another time loveys... 
I saw this and thought of you all.. 


I love a little scripture inspiration, don't you? 

And a bit of good advice for us all.. 

I may have posted this before but nevertheless it is a grand idea.. 
I am really concentrating on taking back precious time that I have spent on the internet.. 
Working on productive things... 
I will check back with you next time and see how I am making out.. 
K?
Will try to take pics, too... 

Thank you for dropping by and thanks for your sweet comments.. 
So love to hear from you and know you have been here.. 
Or on Facebook or Instagram... 

Please leave your first name so I know who you are.  
May God Bless and Keep you till we chat again.. 
Hugs from New Brunswick... 


18 comments:

  1. Lovely post Faye,you truly inspire me to try new things.You bring out the creativity in a lot of readers including me .Keep giving us your ideas to improve our lives both in creativity and spirituality.God bless.Your friend DawnM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post, Faye, and thank you for sharing your life with us. I enjoy your pictures, ideas, and quotes. I agree wholeheartedly with the comments made by DawnM. I pray also that your particular need is answered.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stories as usual dear cousin, so cozy and uplifting !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So enjoy your blog and spiritual samplings.I do try to find more peace and less chaos and your writings are calming and peaceful! Your school friend Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning , Faye . So enjoyed, everything in your post . I plan on looking up the cake recipe . Praying the God meets your needs and answers your request . Hope to see you soon ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing all your pictures and all the things that have been going on in your life. Its been awhile since I commented on one of your posts. Trying to do better! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok. Maybe a really long time as it showes me as anonymous. Merryheartcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your posts. I am amazed at what you find to do. You are very ambitious compared to me. You inspire me! God bless you both on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. someday maybe, a "Faye's Favorites' cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Dear Faye! Such sweet pictures of you two! I'm glad you got to celebrate another year together! A wonderful one of Shonda and her husband too! She has such a sweet smile.
    I would love to have the flow blue, I have never owned any but expect some day to find it among my pretties. I loved all the pictures especially the rooster pecking at the window. And rose soap, how lovely that would be! The Easter ones were so sweet, it makes me long for home somehow even though my Momma never cared for rabbits. She would have loved all this.
    Prayers for your special request. The Lord hears our hearts. Hugs. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Faye. Glad you are enjoying spring. I so enjoy your posts and you always have such great pictures! The rooster pecking at the window...thats a keeper, so precious. Love the daisy garland. Happy Anniversay, may you be blessed with many more. Looking forward to seeing how the buffet turns out. Have a nice week. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so Special. Thank you for sharing ...you make everything wonderful. Thank you for this uplifted feeling

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Faye, thank you for your inspiration. I find myself without likeminded people around me and your posts are great comfort. I am grateful for you. Gill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Faye you and your daughter are so naturally beautiful! You can see contentment and peace in your eyes. How blessed to have a partner for life also. Happy anniversary
    I always enjoy your uplifting posts so nice to visit with you ❤️ spring has always been my favorite season of all too! Sharon from New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you are still Blogging for us. I use to read your Blog every morning when I stayed at home while my daughter was younger. I have been inspired each time. I have always loved seeing your snow pictures. Where I live we don't get much of it. Well, keep doing what you do for us. We all appreciate it so much and are thankful for you and how you encourage us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was very encouraged by the To-Do List and quote you shared at the end of this post. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Faye, I am in NB too - near Sussex! I just stumbled on your apple blossom jelly recipe from years ago while searching Google. The kids and I are going to try it this year :)

    ReplyDelete