Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Some of our May days....


Hello everyone..

How are you all?  Better then I am right now, I hope...

No, not really!  I am just very frustrated at the moment...

I have literally been hours trying to get this post up but I go two steps ahead and one step back.. 

I had to come into our old desktop and I see the spacing is off... Ugh!

Anyway.. I think I will go to the bottom of the post and write a few words and that will be it for tonight...

 The next few pics are of our Mother's Day celebration and it was a beautiful day! 

Filled with family and church... 

It was so great having our children there at church together.. 

We missed our youngest who is in Alberta but he had called the night before and again when we returned home.. 

Shonda and Dave surprised us by surprising us at church and then taking us out for dinner...

 

Then we were all invited to Trevor and Tammy's for a beautiful BBQ supper... 

Two wonderful meals in one day!  And lots of gifts!  I so appreciated everything but most of all were the memories that were made... The grandsons had a few laughs with their grandparents about this and that.. lol.. I can't keep up!  But just so much love and joy!  I thank God for the blessing of all these dear ones.. Near and far!  

My grandsons are blessed with wonderful parents and I have never had a moments worry about their parenting!  And I am thankful! 

 Anyway.. This computer seems to be acting better than my Chrome Book.. I think I need a few more instructions from them boys!  smile.. 

A sweet funny pic from our youngest son the other day.. He was showing me the smoke in Alberta... I told him that I would rather see his face and this is what I received!  He is so funny but so sweet!  😊

We are so praying for Alberta and the wild fires in that province... Send the rain, Lord... 

My husband brought these to me for Mother's Day! The dear man!

We finally had a day at the farm and it was lovely! 

Waiting patiently for lunch... 

Chicken and Spaghetti.  A celebration meal... smile.. 


A pic of the old stove from last year.. 

I have been working outside and have only had one day to tidy up.. It will be back to rights soon, I hope.. Anyway... it is what it is... I guess.. 😏 

On my last post I was saying I wanted to paint this old buffet of my Aunt Emily's... 

It took me awhile and of course Terry did half at least!  lol.. But it is finished although everything is not as I want it yet.. So this is just a peek shall we say.. I couldn't find a pic of some of the changes that I meant to include .. I just am not going through trying to get pics up here again.. 

So next time.. Ok?  

Did some ironing of old linens.. How I love them.. Do you? 

I changed out that mirror over the buffet and a few little projects.. 

Tried to make an old old calendar picture into a painting.. Turned out fair but the picture is so sweet.. Will show that later too.. 

Man, I have to hurry up... I am usually in bed by now.. There has to be an easier way to do this.. If I would just post more often I wouldn't have half the work.. I am truly whining today, eh?  Forgive me! 

We took a few country drives but not many.. I do have a whole post on one and will hopefully do it by itself and soon.. 

But here are a couple.. 

And here are some food pics from the last while..

And some make and dos... 
Homemade Laundry Soap... 
And a little tip for your garbage can.. 
These were on Instagram but not all of you are on there.. 
The laundry soap recipe is here on the blog.. If you can't find it just leave me a message and this tip is just putting some essential oil on a couple of cotton balls and putting inside your garbage can before you place your bag.. 
Keeps it so much fresher.. I use lavender and teatree but it is your choice as well as the amount.. 
Doesn't take a lot.. 

I am including this little advice 

Great advice, eh! 
Modern lingo! 💗

We had more company this post .. 
Last time it was Mr. Rooster but now we have geese, ducks, and such.. 

I wish I could keep them.. But they only visit... 
Dustin said it is pretty good when the freezer food comes to you!  Haha!

Then I had a bouquet of gorgeous and smelling beautiful Mayflowers.. 

So love them.. 
My friend had a gorgeous bouquet and Terry said it looked like they were on steroids!  So many blossoms!  😊

Then the other day I received this beautiful bookmark all the way from France... 

It was made by a dear missionary friend who does this lovely tatting!  I love that craft.. 
It was precious and I put it in a precious place!  
Thank you again, Mike... 💗

Well, dear hearts, this is all for today.. 
Shows how much I love thee.. No supper and past bed time.. Lol.. 
 
Take care and I hope to hear from you ... 
I love your sweet notes.. 
And I am so sorry for the whining and the mistakes and the ...... 
You know what I am like by now.. 

God bless you and your sweet families!  
Pray for me and I will pray for you.. 
We need each other in this time in history... 
Hugs from New Bruswick, Canada... 


13 comments:

  1. lovely May in NB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of whining going on lol.But I still love your blog,your talent,and your your heart.Have a. Good night dear friend💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to read all you do, your photos, and musings. We did get you smoke from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love reading your posts. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your many attempts to finally connect with us, Faye! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your posts !! It keeps me up to date with you cousin,xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always an inspiration when you post! Love the family and food photos. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings from Oregon! I sympathize with the blog troubles-- I can't figure out why my font sizes go all "wacko" on me, or where the formatting went wrong. I give up and just hit "publish."
    I like any post you put up, they are worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your posts Dear Faye! You are a treasure to me! Hugs! Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, as ever! I treasure some old linen table cloths that I inherited from my grandma, not often used now but still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have followed your blog for many years and I am so glad you still post. I'm sorry I've never commented before, I'm 83 and my hands just don't work well anymore. Your posts always comfort and relax me. Like catching up with an old friend. Thank you for taking the time. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I'd lost track of you for awhile. I was looking back at some of my old posts on Harvest Lane Cottage and saw your name. Isn't it amazing that we are still writing after all these years? It sounds like life is good for you and your family minus smoke and wildfires. Be safe and blessed in Jesus' name!
    About to have a storm here in Missouri US, so I must go.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete