Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2023

A Little Catch-Up Post


Hello everyone....
How art thou?  
I am happy to finally get here to post.  
It seems that every time I get on I begin with an apology for being so far behind in catching up with you.. 
Nevertheless... 
Here we are once again... smile...

Hope all is well and you are having a grand summer.. 
The last time I was here was in May and still Spring.. 

Here in New Brunswick today it is a very rainy muggy Sunday.
It is a downpour outside.. The window is open and I so love the sound .... 
The drop in temps are a treat but I was telling Terry that I believe this is the first time in a very long time that I will be happy for fall temps... Can you believe it?
  Just so hot here as it is in many more places and much worse so forgive me for complaining... 

We have been coming and going and doing this and that like everyone else.. 

We did have our daughter, Shonda home for a couple of days doing a bit of painting and decorating for her Momma... 
Here she is consoling her Dad!  Lol!  
It will be all right Dad...you can trust me!  haha..
No... I really don't remember what that little bit is about..  😊

We now have a green kitchen... I just love it!
                                                                                                                                                                                              




I keep changing things around ... 
But it will get done after awhile.. 
Just a few bits to do... 
I am so slow!!
Oh well.. Terry says to take my time and enjoy!
He knows my love of puttering..lol..

Now that it is summer we have taken a few little counry drives.. 
One to the Bay of Fundy of course..  My go-to as you all know..  Then one down to Truro, Nova Scotia and to Calais across the border another day... 

Here are a few pics... 






 

Some of these are just here in our own little area of the province.. 

A few food pics from the last month.... 

Homemade Broccoli, Mushrooms and Spaghetti , Lemon and Parmesan..



Rhubarb Crunch




No Knead Bread and Goulosh...

Pork Chops, Potato Scallop, Peas and Homemade Beet Pickles.. 


A few make and do things... 

FudgeSicles.. 

Found the recipe on the web.. 
Just a package of instant chocolate pudding, 3 cups of whole milk and a dash of vanilla... 
Terry thought they were okay but I really like them. 
You can use a lower fat milk but for the first time I did use whole ... 
Found the greatest popsicle molds on Amazon.. 
They are silicone and come with wood sticks and wee bags to put them in.. 
A bit expensive but if you are the popsicle queen  then they are worth it..lol.. 
I even make dill pickle ones which are my all time fave.. 
You have to be a genuine dill pickle lover, though.. 😏
 

Mason Jar for flowers.. 
a bit of modge podge and a seed packet ... 


picking daisies.... 

My sweet cousin, Philip surprised me by making me this little stormy weather shelter that I can sit in and drink my coffee.. 
Enjoy the wind and rain and just have fun... 
I so appreciated it.. 
The dear thing... 
I haven't been to the farm much except on the hottest of days, took a sun stroke and just not doing too good up there so haven't enjoyed it as much as I will later on when it cools down and the wind comes up..  

Terry got his precious flag up and was not as scary as in the past at times.. smile.. 



We have enjoyed a few lovely meals out here and there... 
One of my all time fave places.. 
East Side Marios.. 
I love pasta and only have it once in a blue moon there. 
We most always have the salad and soup and garlic bread.. 
This pasta was so good.. Bacon..... !!
I am pathetic.. I know!! 😙

A sweet old  pic I found in my files.. so love geese.... do you?
A book I read.. 
So good!  
Not my usual type of reading but this had me not able to put it down.. 
Sad but beautiful.. 
Christ was the answer... as He always is... 


Well dear hearts this is all for today.. 
It is not great but at least we are in touch.. 
These last are just some family pics.. 
Father's Day and such...
Don't we love our families!!
God has truly blessed us as He has you.. 
My Mom used to tell me that Gram always said that we all think our's are the best.. 
And they are, eh?  To us!! 

Thank you so much for dropping by.. 
I hope you are doing well..
Leave me a note if you have time and I do put a bit more on Instagram if you happen by.. 
@blessedhearth.... 
Take care of yourselves and your sweet families..

Remember that Jesus is the Answer to whatever problem you may have.. 
Hugs from me to you...

17 comments:

  1. Love the green hue in kitchen! Lovely photos of my favorite province---thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Faye I always look forward to your posts and enjoy all your doings, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see your blogs Gaye! You are always so uplifting! Ron and I love to hear from you! I love your new kitchen! oxox ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faye....great to see a new post from you! I like your new color in the kitchen; I painted my kitchen two years ago, a different green from yours...I like it. I have white wainscottin on the bottom half of the walls so the green wasnt too much. You always have such beautiful pictures, the first one immediately reminded me of " Anne of Green Gables". This has been an unusual summer, weather wise....hard to get outside work done, so hot and muggy....you take care in that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I didnt add my name to my post. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faye, I just love your pictures. They look like old fashioned paintings. Nice to read your post as usual. I follow you on Instagram as well. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your summer. I am very ready for the Fall weather but I hate rushing life by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your posts! How are the wild fires? It is very hazy here because of them we've had air quality alerts. I've not seen much about them. Are they real? I hate to ask, but it all seems suspicious to me - as in a cover up of something

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your new little seat is charming, what a kind thing to do. Hope you will enjoy sitting and admiring the beautiful view. What a lovely place you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always enjoy seeing your countryside pictures, Faye. Very nice postings, as always! ⚘

    ReplyDelete
  10. ⚘I forgot to add to my comment (above) ....hoping to take another drive to the Bay of Fundy before late Fall. Beautiful scenery along the way, especially when the leaves are so colorful!⚘

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your post, Faye, it was very enjoyable. Your kitchen looks lovely, it must have been nice to have Shonda home for a bit. Your pics are great as usual, and nice to see the family pics as well. Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your lovely update, Faye. Your photos are always beautiful and inspiring! I share your love for a nice cool breeze, delicious food, beautiful nature, and the love for God & family. Blessings from Manitoba,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have missed your interesting posts for a while as I've not been on FB regularly. Thanks for sharing lovely pictures of your new "green kitchen" which Shonda helped to paint. The "foodie" bits are enticing and I will try the popsicles as a treat in the hot weather! I too, love geese and ducks and have pictures and ornaments of many. Good to see you and Terry are doing well in your lovely part of Canada.
    JanTT in UK

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kitchen look wonderful in it's new green color!! So sweet of your daughter to help you out. As always, I truly enjoyed your post Faye!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post was, as always, a feast for the eyes. I love your new green kitchen. Also, I wanted to mention the weather - here in southern Ontario it's felt unbearably hot lately - but actually - it's not very hot at all, it just feels that way because of the endless rain and rain and more rain. The humidity is pretty much 100% every day and that makes it feel just awful out there. Our garden is drowning and many of our plants have died due to fungus, yet we keep getting more and more rain. There is never a chance for anything to dry out. I don't know if I am looking forward to fall weather, but I am definitely looking forward to some dry weather!

    ReplyDelete